4.24.2009

All that I am, all I can be, all that I have, all that is me,
Accept and use, Lord, as You would choose, Lord,
Right now today.
Take every passion, every skill,
Take all my dreams and bend them to Your will.
My all I give, Lord, for You I’ll live, Lord,
Come what may.

Often I come with my problems and cares,
Running to You when distressed,
But I must bring You the whole of my life;
Lord, I must give you my best.

Life has no purpose unless it is Yours;
Life without You has no goal.
All that fulfills me is doing Your will,
Knowing that You’re in control.

This song "All that I am" was written by Bandmaster William Himes of the Chicago Staff Band. While searching for the lyrics, I came across the story behind this song. He wrote it as his young wife lay dying of cancer and he had two young children on top of that as well. I didnt previously know about this story, but I had always liked this song because of its words and the muscial arrangement with the nice harmony parts as well. Unfortunately I cant find a youtube video of this, but this song is one of those songs that has the potential to make your hair stand.

1 Comments:

Blogger Benjamin Ng said...

i see that with free times comes blogging.

hello!

8:42 pm  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home