Many things to update.. but first, i shall rewind the time and date of this post to 31st December! Then I can officially declare this as the last post of the year haha..
Youth Camp was quite successful. I think that I've honestly been impressed by some people and it gives me renewed hope in the youth ministry. As youth, we are always labelled as having lots of potential but sadly, many a times this potential often remains hidden and is never fully tapped. I was greatly encouraged. I really dont know how else to describe my thoughts.
Christmas was a bit silent this year. Does it get more and more silent as each year passes? I ate lots of yummy food and the usual mad rush to get things done. We usually groan at Christmas carols but some of them really do grow on you after you hear/sing them for a while. I particularly liked the worship carols on Christmas Day service. A different more upbeat feel to the carols yet not so rock to the extent that it destroys the whole feel of it. Know what I mean? I totally cant stand some versions of hymns/carols that try to jazz or rock the whole tune (like how many crappy versions of Amazing Grace have you heard?). But I thought the carols were done quite well. A little too high pitch-wise though. Easy to play on guitar maybe but not easy for the vocals at all.
As the year ends, I'm not going to worry about any new year resolutions. And I havent really had the time to sit down and reflecting on the 2008 either. I shall put behind me all my hurts, my disappointments and my regrets. I will look ahead with optimism and expectation of greater things. There are many things I want to do. May they turn into reality and not stay as dreams. Amen.
Youth Camp was quite successful. I think that I've honestly been impressed by some people and it gives me renewed hope in the youth ministry. As youth, we are always labelled as having lots of potential but sadly, many a times this potential often remains hidden and is never fully tapped. I was greatly encouraged. I really dont know how else to describe my thoughts.
Christmas was a bit silent this year. Does it get more and more silent as each year passes? I ate lots of yummy food and the usual mad rush to get things done. We usually groan at Christmas carols but some of them really do grow on you after you hear/sing them for a while. I particularly liked the worship carols on Christmas Day service. A different more upbeat feel to the carols yet not so rock to the extent that it destroys the whole feel of it. Know what I mean? I totally cant stand some versions of hymns/carols that try to jazz or rock the whole tune (like how many crappy versions of Amazing Grace have you heard?). But I thought the carols were done quite well. A little too high pitch-wise though. Easy to play on guitar maybe but not easy for the vocals at all.
As the year ends, I'm not going to worry about any new year resolutions. And I havent really had the time to sit down and reflecting on the 2008 either. I shall put behind me all my hurts, my disappointments and my regrets. I will look ahead with optimism and expectation of greater things. There are many things I want to do. May they turn into reality and not stay as dreams. Amen.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home