Wednesday marked the end of my stay in the Singapore education system. I'm now officially stamped as the finished product of a twelve year process. Baccalaureate service. A half day comes with the usual "what shall we do after that" question. Its supposed to be a sad day but A levels, even the thought of it, makes you feel even more sad. So that makes it a relatively happy day. Smiles all around. For the cameras that is. Blinding camera flashes that leave you blinded. The other flashing that was going on was on the school field. No need to supply the details here. Seriously M18 stuff. And I'm not even 18 yet. Of more clean fun though was some of the speeches. "Complex numbers dont make sense" coming from a maths teacher on stage, no less. "A class that was two-thirds male. Something wasnt quite right" students council president sums it up best. I must add though that he choked towards the end and opened the flood gates of tears for quite a number of people. That was after I heard one of the best renditions of "I will run to You" by the teachers leading it. And I'll miss hearing the keyboardist/pianist who isnt world class. She's heaven class. The last time I'll be singing it. The school anthem louder than majulah as usual. Used to think it was thanks to the foreign scholars who love to sing so loudly, but wow, the whole college sang it really loud that day. We all joined in and screwed up the choir who were trying to get their starting key; that was really funny. Some places in school that you will always remember. The green hall chairs. The blue LT chairs and their broken tables. The digital clock above the hall under the school crest. The lifts that are in reality used to get to any floor. The bleachers. The red drawing sketchpad at the lockers. The "No leaving before 1310" sign at the gate. The same table the class sits at in the void deck each recess...

Well, i thought this would make a real good " last goodbye" type of photo. But hey, it aint the end. We still have to come back for exams!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home