9.17.2006

He thinks for a while and then breaks the speed limit to chase her to the airport. He parks his car illegally and to hell with the shouting policeman. He sees her and shouts for her not to board the plane to Paris, forcing her to leave the queue. He pleads with her to stay but its no use. As she rejoins the queue, he reminds her at the top of his voice about all the wonderful things in their lives:

"We've dealt with our share of surprises and made a lot of sacrifices but we've stayed together. You see, you're a better person than I am. And it made me a better person to be around you. I don't know, maybe it was just all a dream. Maybe I went to bed one lonely night in December and I imagined it all. But I swear, nothing has ever felt more real. And if you get on that plane right now, it'll disappear forever. I know we could both go on with our lives and we'd both be fine, but I've seen what we could be like together. And I choose us."

After a while, she walks towards him, her helt melting, and agrees to "one more cup of coffee".

Scene described from the movie "the Family Man", one of the many emo movies being shown on tv these days. Obviously, the film was made pre-911, for such scenes at an airport could get you arrested for being a threat to national security. A typical hollyood way of teaching you that the best way to say "I love you" to someone is by embarrassing her in public in front of hundreds of people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home