
Well the Sydney trip can be regarded as a success. Top band really gives you that satsifaction that your efforts were all worth it. I think its really the result of six months of trying to achieve a particular type of sound with the j1s. And now that we've stepped down, the AC band will have to find its own sound all over again. Oh well. It happens year after year. But after what happened at SYF last year, I guess there was a bit of a nervousness about what if we didnt get it in Sydney. But at the end of the day, I guess the most important thing was to enjoy yourself. Thats one thing I observed from the Aussie people. They just want to enjoy. Here we are so worried about being in tune and balance etc but those people have passion on stage. I must say they're more encouraging than local audiences. People whom we dont know coming up to congratulate us; lining up on both sides to give us high-fives and handshakes as we walked through. And to think that we actually beat them. No rivalry or competition. Just friendliness. You'll never get that here. Humidity is low, but the spirit of humanity is high.
Well, Sydney was interesting. Thanks to all the people who turned my room into a hospital when i wasnt feeling too well. Plus there was world cup entertainment every night. Talked to people i never talked to before. Hearing the scandals and gossips. So the trip truly marks the end of my JC band career. It has been tough, it has been fun. I finally have my saturdays free. People have been getting emo about band ending and all that. Frankly, I bet nobody misses the long pracs and scoldings. There's just this something else that everyone's going to miss. There's just this void that is unexplainable. But that day had to come to pass the baton over and I hope it wont be dropped. Leaving band in this way is the best possible: by showing them what good band music really sounds like.
"And when people ask you what passion and perfection is, just tell them to look at ACJC band. We've shown that that's what we are. It doesn't matter if others tell you that choir and drama are the top arts CCAs, because we know we are the best..."

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home