6.17.2006

You spend the past few months counting down, looking forward to the day where you take one more giant step to freedom at long last. But when that day comes, you suddenly realise that a big part of you going to get left behind. That time waits no longer and the present slowly melts into history.

I didnt really think much about the concert. I was wondering if the different sections having lunch together before that were the SLs' inspiration or a secret order by the exco. And then a sudden realisation that my file was in a mess. I guess I'm not the model librarian.

Only after reading people's blogs did I start thinking about it. That my band life is ending. I dont think I'll miss the tuning, the painful lips and ulcers, the elusive high notes, the sleepy afternoon practices or the late tuesday nights. But for everything else... soccer, lunch, dinners, movies, even the mrt ride home.. most of all, its the people.. sigh...

Once again, words really mean a lot. Some things are best said when left unsaid. But when words are said, they beat everything else hands down. I've forgotten who gave me the chocolates and sweets but I still remember the notes and cards people wrote. The poem. And letters from the juniors. They weren't very long, but wow they mean a lot. Thanks guys. We may not be extremely happening or funny, or even the best section, but I wouldn't swop you all for any other section. And steamboat should become a trumpet tradition =)

Right now, my mind is thinking about a million other things. And I dont want to drag this post too long. So I shall end it here and maybe continue another day.

Trumpet section 06. Remember section sound =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home