5.20.2009

Went for a band concert the other day. It has been eons since I last went for a band concert and even longer since I last stepped into VCH. I shall not name the band because I dont think it was really very good even by my not-so-high standards. Was expecting more really. I mean things like tuning and all I might not quite remember how a pitch-perfect concert Bb sounds like, but whether they were playing together or not is more obvious. And now I'm listening to some old tokyo kosei pieces. Its seriously therapeutic.


Its so strange to have to notify mindef that I'm travelling out of the country. Not too long ago I thought this kind of NS man things were for old men. Now I'm one myself!

Exit controls are necessary to regulate overseas travel of NSmen so as to maintain operational readiness. This is to ensure that NS liable persons who travel overseas remain contactable to facilitate recall in times of emergency. Keeping MINDEF informed of their whereabouts would also allow the SAF to know exactly how many NSmen are in Singapore.

Penalties
NSmen who fail to notify MNC of their overseas trips of more than 24 hours and less than 6 months would have committed an offence. Initial offenders will be sent Reminder Letters. NSmen who continue not to notify MINDEF may be served composition fines or charged in court. NSmen who are prosecuted in court are liable, upon conviction, to a maximum fine of up to $2,000 and may have their full passport facilities withdrawn. This means that they will have to apply for an Exit Permit every time they go overseas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home