5.22.2009

I passed my driving! Many thanks to the prayers and the wonderful God up above. No problems in changing lanes or any other major problems. Between Teck Whye and Bukit Batok, the routes in the former are supposed to be harder but it was still okay anyway. A few hairy moments but thankfully they didnt cost me much. Now that learner phase is over, I'm actually a bit nervous about sitting in a car without the protection of an L plate! I cant like road hog and expect to get away with it! Haha.. And I'm actually quite exhausted after the past few weeks of intense driving so the thought of jumping into a car and zooming off hasnt really occured to me. I can relax now haha.. I must also at this point mention about an instructor I got yesterday. It was my last lesson before the test and with about half an hour of the lesson left, he asks me to pull over and stop.

"What God do you believe in?"
"Oh.. I'm a Christian."
"Good! So am I! Come let me tell you something about my own experience..."

And with that, I received a fifteen minute sermon on prayer and feeling His sense of peace and assurance and not to rely on your own skill and worry all night long, but to spend time and talk to Him and surely everything will be alright. I initially felt like telling him that all this talk was eating into the lesson time. But I listened anyway. And I still think its quite funny in some way that a driving instructor of all people would give me spiritual advice in some sense. I wonder if testers would be interested if I started the conversation on grace and forgiveness. Or maybe I'll see angels holding the poles so they dont get knocked down! haha.. anything can happen. I mean everything he said was stuff I'd heard before. But its just a reminder that God sends the least unlikely people at the least unlikely time to reassure you and tell you things that you can remember and treasure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home