Time to blow away the dust on this place again and entertain anyone who still reads this.
World MUN 2011 has concluded finally. Some of the delegates were nice, some were just *fill in the blank*. And I've concluded that I need to re-think what are the ingredients of a good diplomat. The delegates were arguing about intellectual property and environmental crises and things like that. But what's the point of talking about all these kinds of things if you ask silly practical questions and make life difficult for the volunteers. Like why do they have to ask where is room 203 when we're standing in front of room 201? It doesn't take much effort to walk a little further down does it? But thankfully, I kept my self-control and patience. Hence I declare myself the best diplomat. That's what a diplomat should be right? A good representation of his country. I must have pointed the way to toilet a million times. I helped read maps over and over again and even as I was taking the bus and train home, I became the walking TransitLink Guide for colour-blind delegates who can't tell the difference between the green and red mrt lines. Okay, the last part was just an exaggeration. I guess as part of the logistics crew, I didn't expect to be in the front-line that much. I thought my job was just to push trolleys and carry bottles of Newater. But, we have to be flexible and do whatever it takes to leave a good impression of our country. Not just high-brow diplomacy but the simple things in life. MFA should seriously consider hiring me haha...
World MUN 2011 has concluded finally. Some of the delegates were nice, some were just *fill in the blank*. And I've concluded that I need to re-think what are the ingredients of a good diplomat. The delegates were arguing about intellectual property and environmental crises and things like that. But what's the point of talking about all these kinds of things if you ask silly practical questions and make life difficult for the volunteers. Like why do they have to ask where is room 203 when we're standing in front of room 201? It doesn't take much effort to walk a little further down does it? But thankfully, I kept my self-control and patience. Hence I declare myself the best diplomat. That's what a diplomat should be right? A good representation of his country. I must have pointed the way to toilet a million times. I helped read maps over and over again and even as I was taking the bus and train home, I became the walking TransitLink Guide for colour-blind delegates who can't tell the difference between the green and red mrt lines. Okay, the last part was just an exaggeration. I guess as part of the logistics crew, I didn't expect to be in the front-line that much. I thought my job was just to push trolleys and carry bottles of Newater. But, we have to be flexible and do whatever it takes to leave a good impression of our country. Not just high-brow diplomacy but the simple things in life. MFA should seriously consider hiring me haha...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home