12.13.2005

Band Fest.
I cant decide whether or not i'm happy its over.
Waking up early in the morning, long pracs the whole day... arh..
I mean the conductors did a great job in creating nice music from a bunch of students from all over the place
But another band camp type of schedule wasnt really what i wanted.

On the plus side
I really like my section for band fest.
Felt really comfortable with them
which admittedly, isnt something i always feel with other people
I met many different people
But unlike nco camp in sec school, theres no rivalry, no looking down on other people
just healthy respect for each other
i think this is one of the best things MOE can do
so much better than SYF
with all the competition and pressure and tears

So the final Esplanade concert wasnt too bad
Sparke, Smith, interval, Barnes, Reed
In typical Singaporean fashion people started comparing the bands.
Generally the second half bands were considered better
I'm in Barnes band, but frankly i couldnt care less about who sounded better.
In fact i wasnt nervous at all..
ok.. so maybe i didnt have any solos to worry me
I was apparently slouching on stage.. Ha..
When it finished i was like "huh.. its over.."
and then bye bye to the people i've met
contact numbers and emails exchanged
maybe never see them again
people come people go

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home